Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Yard" work.

I have been doing what I like to call Yard Work. I live in a townhouse so the word yard is a huge stretch. I planted 40 bulbs on Sunday and got one wicked sunburn on the back of one arm. It looks pretty amazing and I cant believe this look hasn't caught on yet.
I planted them in the one Sun spot in my back yard, and all along the front of my place for all the neighbors to enjoy. Today I went to Walmart and bought a bunch of flowers to put in the flower pots I bought last year. (Due to budgetary restrictions I do things like this in years. One year buy the pots, next year, take them out of the garage and put flowers in them. I am actually really excited to have pots by the front door I never use.

Then I moved on to the back yard. While at Walmart I bought my first shovel. Not one of those cute trowel type shovels, but a real shovel. Im becoming so domesticated. So I wanted to plant some shade bulbs and I have discovered one thing about my yard. Im pretty sure they got my flower bed soil at the rock quarry. You wouldnt believe the rocks I was pulling out. They were the size of Toby. Made for hard soil and my back is killing. I will be taking free back massages from anyone who is good at them, and not creepy.

1 comment: