Sunday, April 12, 2009

But Kira, where will you get clean clothes?

Today I broke down and did the unthinkable....I put the giant stack of clean clothes sitting in the basket in my laundry room away. I know what you are thinking, if you put your clothes away, when you go to get dressed in the morning and how will you find anything? This is the very question I posed to myself. I had an ingenious solution to this problem. I put a sign in my laundry room that says: "Go to your closet you slob". Its not that I'm a slob, its that I HATE putting laundry away. Its all clean but its on the laundry room floor getting wrinkled by the minute. If I just took the two seconds its takes to hang clothing up, I wouldn't have use for my morning squirt bottle session. Lazy laundry-putter-away-ers all know what I'm talking about. Who needs an iron when you have 10 minutes and a squirt bottle. I actually have a ceiling fan in my room that speeds this process up quite a bit.

The other day my sister-in-law Whitney said "You have tons of clothes!" I heard this but wondered why I feel like I wear the same 6 things over and over and I realized my closet is full..... The problem with this is, its full of "goal" clothes. I have a whole wardrobe of them, ranging in about 5 different sizes. If I got that whole weight thing under control, I could give away most of the non-goal clothes and be one happy camper.

If you need me I will be in my laundry room marveling at the floor, which I havent seen since Heather moved out.

1 comment:

  1. I understand what you're talking about! Good job with getting it all cleaned up!

    ReplyDelete