Monday, January 19, 2009

Steel

So I got sent to a place called Wasatch Steel today to pick some sort of steel products up for hanging some cabinets up in the shop. There was a stage 4 freak out by one mister Larry Clubb about Jeremy tripping over said cabinets that were in the hall and dinging up the wall. (Sorry ladies, he is graceful and already taken). Anyway, Kevin had called and put what I needed in will call and had it cut down so it would fit in my car. I walked into the door that had big bold letters saying "WILL CALL" over it. It was like a scene from a movie where some nerdy kid walks into the party and the needle on the record scratches and the music dies and the whole party is staring. Apparently I was like the only girl to ever have walked in the back of this steel place. One guy was bold enough to ask me if I needed something and I told him I had something in will call. Then he sent me to the front office to do paperwork. Why is there a giant sign over the door that says will call, if I have to go in the front door still? I got my pieces of metal and the guy helping me even carried them over to my car. I am pretty sure he doesn't do this for other customers, but I will play the helpless female when needed to keep from having to get metal dirt on me.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That is so funny! I have been there also my friend. I'll bet you made everyone's day at the metal shop! I can't wait to see you and see where these magnificent cabinets are going to be hanging.

    ReplyDelete