Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Boston Baked Beans and Power Tools

So I have never done the whole blog thing, but have recently discovered I love hearing about others so I thought I would give it a shot. I don't have kids or actual interesting things going on so it will be ramblings about whatever I feel like. I thought I would use it as an updated journal since you can back a blog up.

Today I went to 7-11 on my way home from work and as I was checking out and they had a basket of impulse buys at the register. I noticed there were Boston Baked Beans sitting there. I (embarrassingly enough) was pretty excited about this. I grabbed one and asked the cashier "Oh man, when was the last time you had Boston Baked Beans?" She looked at me as if I tried to eat her firstborn and said "I have never tried them." What???? Did she not go trick or treating as a kid? Also...In my family if we got to go into the gas station for a treat, we would ask my mom what row we could have. It was usually the bottom but on special occasions we got to creep up a row or two. That's when the Boston Baked Beans or Lemon heads were a total delight. Needless to say, I have decided that I shouldn't talk to strangers in line at the gas station but I tend to blurt things out so this might be a challenge.

As for the Power Tools portion, I asked my brother Kevin what screw I should use to put up some shelving in my office. Now anyone else would probably just pick one of the many screws we have at the shop and send me on my merry way. Kevin told me I should use this really long screw with this duck like anchor thing (interestingly enough, called a toggle wall anchor) on the back so a 400 pound person can hang from this shelf. Why would a person want to hang off a shelf, I am still not sure. So I had to drill a 3/4" hole in the wall in 4 places for each shelf. So my measuring was just a little off, so the brackets were not completely covering these holes. Then I was trying to use the power screwdriver to get the long screw into the wall. I have discovered I am really bad with the screwdriver. I don't push hard enough and it strips it out a little bit or I push really hard and the screwdriver head goes into the wall and makes a really cool hole I get to patch. In my future will be some putty, sanding, and painting but I have my shelves all hung.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA Kira! I am so exited you have a blog!!! Now I can see what you are up to all the time. I am always wonderin about you. I am laughing so hard right now at your story. You are hilarious!
    Okay... WTF are Boston Baked Beans? We are the same age (thirty days apart to be exact) and I have never experianced the beans you speak of. Next time I am at 711 I will check them out and then give you some feedback!
    I am putting you on my friends list! YAY!
    PS... I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear your ramblings. I like to think I was your inspiration! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete