Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Distraction Squared


Today I got my final parting gift from New York, a nice head cold. I worked today, and then went and did hair and all I wanted to do was eat dinner and crawl into bed. I ate dinner and made my way upstairs for 4 minutes and my doorbell rings. Nobody comes to my door unexpectedly so I was slightly on guard. I called through my intercom to the front door and nobody answered the two times I asked who it was. Toby of course, was all anxious and wouldn't keep up appearances that I wasn't home, so I headed for the door. Then the doorbell rings 3 times in a row and there is knocking. I knew exactly who it was. My Allee. I was right. My mom needed me to scan some pictures for her (since I borrowed her scanner eon's ago and haven't returned it) so Allee brought it over to my house and was going to just drop them off. Skip to 3.5 hours later, Allee leaves....or so I think. I don't know how the two of us together hold a conversation but it will fill three and a half hours of babble. She finally leaves and I thought I would let Toby go to the bathroom out in the "front" yard. She was still in the driveway so I knocked on the window and she couldn't find her iPod. She was digging through her ginormous purse with 3 million things you don't need to carry around with you, and I had flashbacks of myself in New York digging through my purse and losing everything in there. I compare both of us to when someone jingles their keys in front of you so they can do something else or says "Look over there" and steals something. We are the poor distracted ones who fall for this nonsense. Anyway, Allee leaves and I call her and say I have a new nickname for us, its distraction squared. She started laughing and we both know its totally fitting.










Peas in a pod.

1 comment: